Thursday, February 4, 2010

I've had enough!

After watching Ugly Betty last night and seeing how her little blogging vent session ended her into a bit of a mess... I second guessed writting anything at all... I should really stop here but then again sometimes a girl just has to vent!
This week I have learned... life is NOT a bowl of cherries! Yes, there are lots of good to be had in this life but it seems this week was full of devistation, heartache and frustration.

Bad news over the phone is never a good thing. Anxiety began over answering the phone after 10 pm when news came of my uncle's death just a few years after I was married. Ever since then when the phone rings past 10 pm my heart races and I don't dare check the caller id to see who might be calling me with tragic news. My heartbraking news came early Monday night when I learned that the horrific accident in Sardine Canyon had taken the life of my little sister's father in law. I grew up with Bob and his family just down the street from my parents. He was a wonderful man that loved and cared deeply for his family. He will be missed by many!

So with instances like this you alway ask "why do bad things happen to good people?". I don't know the driver that caused the accident but I am sure he is living each day with regret for falling asleep at the wheel. May this cause us to realize the privilege we have of driving and the responsibilies that comes with it.

Lately I have had the feeling of "poor me". Sometimes sounding like my kids - "But I don't want to..." It seems like everything hits at once and I have to deal with it - not going into details but things like - finacial matters, family scheduling, household responsibilities, etc... and then you must throw in Church service! Now don't get me wrong, I am happy to serve where there is a need and I understand all must do their part, BUT when is it ok to say enough is enough?? Between Ryan and I, we have 7 callings.

Frustration mounted last night when my supporters failed to show up to support. What is with people not being committed? I am a planner and I put 110% into making a night successfull - but I have realized I CANNOT DO IT ALONE! When my support team wasn't there I came undone - luckily I was able to regroup and the night went on (and no one noticed the missing details) I am so grateful for people who showed up unexpected and helped me pull things together at the last minute.

I think for the rest of the week I will be on vacation.... Please hold all calls and problems until next week.

1 comment:

Candice said...

Very often I wonder how some people survive their trials. And feel poor me lots too. Our trials are what make us who we are and that is a really hard concept for me to figure out when you are in the middle of it.