Wednesday, February 10, 2010

more domestication

My Sister can be likend to Martha Stewart. She bakes from scratch, sews cute clothes for her kids and is always working on a project. She has me roped into making these this week:

This is a valentine mail bag chair backer from Pottery Barn kids (which is no longer available to purchase, except on ebay for outrageous prices).


Creative, Amy has a tutorial to make your own on her blog http://ourscoop.blogspot.com/2009/01/valentine-chair-backers.html


Sister says she can make 5 of them for around $16! Amazing!!


We are making them Thursday if you want to bring your machine over for the fun.


Miss Ambitious has also scheduled us a "cook day" this has turned into scheduling a "planning day" and a "buying day" all so we can stock our freezers with delicious and nutritious meals for our families... One day of cooking will = many easy nights of simply thawing and heating dinner.

With being home all week I have gotten some craftiness accomplished. Stockton's valentines are done:


And Ethan's class suckers look yummy!:

Can't forget about sharing love with teachers and friends too:

2 comments:

mom of a super-hero said...

martha stewart i am not. when i am crafty, dinner doesn't always get cooked and laundry piles up.

when i'm cooking lovely dinners every night there is not much creativity going on. martha stewart does it all. maybe one day i will figure out how she does it.... oh, wait! i think i remember her saying she only sleeps about 4 hours a night.

martha can be the domestic goddess, i enjoy my sleep!

Aubrey Jane said...

I'm way jealous of your craftiness right now. If I wasn't mostly dead, I would be crafy too and would have come over to make some Valentines chair backpack things. I saw them in the Pottery Barn and loved them also. Jealous.
Jealous of the bags.
Jealous of Stockton's cards.
Jealous of Ethan's suckers.
Boo Hoo.