I have loved stalking the local DI for treasures.
It is my release and I enjoy looking at items
searching for its potential.
Lately, I try to go everyday on my way home from the gym. - I don't want to miss out on anything - There have been times when I so badly want what someone has already happily placed into their shopping cart and I wish I would have been there just 5 min. earlier.
Luckily, I have found some pretty cool things.
Today this is what I picked up:
You can't really tell from the picture but it was pretty nasty. I cleaned it up and sanded it down and whipped out my trusty can of spraypaint.
It is the perfect toybox for Peyton's toy corner:
I think it needs some cutesy embelishments but for now it is a finished project.
7 comments:
CUTE! I can't see the potential in things so it does me no good, you are welcome to help me out anytime :)
but how much did you pay??
$5 dollars! thats it!
Cute...I didn't see that.. Mine was just a frame that I'm going to put outside in the summer...
Looks great! I love a good makeover!
Nice work, I should really remember about the DI but I honestly forget about it
Hi thanks for directing me to your blog. We have a the same hobby! I've been refinishing DI furniture too:) I found QuickWood at Home Depot. It's an Epoxy Putty that you can use to fill huge gouges or even reshape scroll work. I just finish a piece from the 50' or 60's and it saved me.
sorry... commercials over now.
Post a Comment