Tuesday, July 27, 2010

White Pine

July 24th we planned a spur of the moment hike from Tony Grove to White Pine.  Mom and Dad came with and we all survived the 8 mile hike. 


Ryan, Ethan, Stockton and Dad take a break in the shade. 

Stock, Ryan, Landon, and Ethan waited for the rest of us in a cave of trees.

I had to take a self portrait so there was proof that I was there too.
I carried Peyton all the way in.  She was a trooper and even fell asleep and had a little nap.

Only 15 more minutes and then it is down hill to the lake.
(That down hill is a beast when you have to do it uphill on the way back!)
 

Mom and Dad catching up.  They were not evenly paced so Dad got a little frustrated.

We had lunch at the lake, Ryan and the boys did some fishing and Stockton tourmented the resident beaver.

Landon carried Peyton out... Thank Goodness!  However, he had my camera in her pack and he booked it out of there 10 min faster than Ryan, I and the boys so I didn't get any pictures of the meadow of wildflowers.



Mom and Dad came out about 10 min. after us.  Mom's face was red, and she had her knee bandaged.  It was a really good work out but I don't look forward to ever doing it again.  It is one of those things... been there... done that!

No comments: