Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad week...

I got a cold, the air is nasty - not helping my cold, my Auto and Home Owners insurance is all messed up, I am sad (not depressed) about not having purpose in shopping anymore with Christmas being over and now is the time to SAVE not SPEND... and then, I get a Speeding Ticket!! - first one in 15 years. Only 14 days into the New Year and it wasn't looking very promissing until today.

I have to say - I Walgreens! So, so happy to have a store here. This deal is one I found on many coupon blogs so I am not claiming it as my own but had to share my very successful shopping day today. It made my week turn around.

The items you see below would have cost a total of $68.07 if you were stupid enough to pay full price - I personally would have gone without, thanks...

Here is a list of my purchases, the Sale Price, (-coupons used), =Final Cost:

ThermaCare Heatwrap ~ $2.49 (-$1.00) =$1.49 and got a $2.50 RR*

These items were 2/$8:

Neosporin Lip Treatment ~ $4.00 (-$3.00) =$1.00

Neosporin Lip Treatment ~ $4.00 (-$3.00) = $1.00 and got a $3 RR* for buying 2

Neosporin Antibiotic + pain relief ~ $4.00 (-$1.00) = $2.00

Neosporin Antibiotic + pain relief ~ $4.00 (-$1.00) = $2.00 and got a $3 RR* for buying 2

These items were buy one get one 50% off AND part of a $10 mail in rebate:

Lubriderm Lotion 16 oz ~ $7.99 (-$4.00) = $3.99

Lubriderm Lotion 16 oz ~ $3.99 (-$4.00) = -$0.01

Lubriderm Lotion 6 oz ~ $3.99 (-4.00) = -$0.01

Lubriderm Lotion 6 oz ~ $1.99 (-4.00) = -$2.01

Lubriderm Lotion 6 oz ~ $3.99 (-4.00) = -$0.01

Lubriderm Lotion 6 oz ~ $1.99 (-4.00) = -$2.01

Clean and Clear Blackhead Scrub ~ $5.29 (-2.00) = $3.29

Clean and Clear Blackhead Scrub ~ $2.64 (-$2.00) = $.64

My total spent = $11.36 Pretty Good for roughly $68.07 in purchases BUT it gets better! I earned $8.50 in RR (*like gift certificates to be redeemed on anything I choose at Walgreens) and by buying $30 (price before coupons) in participating rebate items I will be getting a check back in the mail for $10! So if my math is right, I got paid $7.14 to shop today! Now that is MY kind of shopping...

The majority of my coupons were printed online - just a few were in the ads that come in the newspaper and one coupon was from the Walgreens Diabetes and You magazine near the pharmacy. The store coupons are great because one coupon is deducted from each participating item you buy making it so you don't have to have multiples. (ex. the store coupon was for $1 off Lubriderm lotion - I bought 6 so it took $6 off my total) My sister also sacrificed 3 of her coupons to make this deal possible - thanks Jess!

5 comments:

McGinnis Family said...

Wow! Good job!!! You are awesome! What a great deal! Ya' wanna' hear my great deal of the week? pajama bottoms and top at Old Navy for $3.00! Ha ha!

Josh & Jessica said...

I thought you ran a stop sign in Hyrum not to long ago.... and Stockton not being in a seatbelt...?

The Green Family said...

jess - first speeding ticket in 15 years. I only got a warning for rolling stop and Stockton's seatbelt incident was his ticket not mine but should have gone on Mom's record... Are you trying to say I am a bad driver - that isn't helping my mood...

Anonymous said...

That's what I call shopping! If I could master that maybe I could quit teaching for awhile! ;)

Cindy said...

Wow! I need you to teach me how to coupon! Cindy