Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Goal Setting


I am a very Goal Oriented person. Give me a goal and I will do everything I can to make it happen! Ryan thinks this is considered OCD - ok who cares as long as I do what I set out to accomplish I don't care what he calls it. Things changed in my life this past year. I gave up my Managment with lia sophia and reprioritized. Spending more time at home with my kids and husband has been a great reward and a lot less stressful (some days). With this new found freedom, and being 4 mo. post baby number 3, I decided to do something for MYSELF and I went back to the gym. This is what I looked like (uggg... )

I was overweight and out of shape! But I didn't see it then - I was Happy!



After working out 5 days a week and watching my calories for 16 weeks. This is me today:



I have lost 16.5 lbs to date, gained muscle and have gotten stronger (I outdid the guys in pushups, rows and biceps last week!) I wish I would have taken before measurements but I can tell you - the shorts that were too tight to even do up can now be pulled on and off without being undone! When I started I couldn't even run 2 blocks without getting winded and having to stop. Now I can run a mile easily! I am even happier today - Exercise is the best medicine!!

I love this quote from my Aunt Valeri - "It is cheaper to live on a cruise ship than in a retirement home."


I challenge my family to start today to take better care of your body. Watch the Biggest Looser Tues. nights for motivation! I want to have a long healthy life with each of you!


Whatever your New Years Resolution is - I hope you acheive it one step at a time!

8 comments:

Josh & Jessica said...

way to go.... are you saying I'm going to die cause I'm not OCD?
Just kidding. Way to go.

Nyman's said...

nice work I'm proud of you. You will be my motivation post 3 1/2 years baby :)

Candice said...

Thats awesome Mandy!!

McGinnis Family said...

Wow!!!! You look so dang awesome, seriously!!!! i would love to know your workout routine. Do you mind sharing?

mom of a super-hero said...

okay, okay. i guess it is time to set some goals for this year. be it fitness or otherwise. i'm ready for a new year!

The Jensens said...

You look GREAT Mandi!!

Anonymous said...

Hot bod Mandy. I should post your picture on my wall so I can get motivated. CUTE BLOG BTW....

Anonymous said...

Alright Mandy, you look fabulous! I have been going to the gym for 5 months now and I only see tiny results. What are you doing, what is your secret? Email me I would love to know. mindystamps@live.com