At the last minute I signed Ethan up for the Brittish Soccer camp. It was well worth it and a great experience. We even hosted one of the coaches for the week.
The last day of camp was the World Cup competition. Ethan was on team Germany. They brought flags to represent their countries and earned bonus points toward the World Cup. We got to watch some quick scrimmages showing off the skills they worked on during the week.
Ethan with his Germany flag (thank you Grandma Bartholomew for the fabric I had on hand)
Coaches, Matt and Rich handing out their evaluations and posters.
Coach Rich and his age group. Ethan is 4th from the left and Cutler is 7th from the left.
Drum Roll.... and the winner of the World Cup is.... GERMANY!!
Being awarded the World Cup.
If you notice Ethan's lack of excitment it is because he thought there would be a "real" trophy.
After the kids awards and recognition, they got the parents involved. I had to run a relay using the skills the kids worked on... Kicking, Dribbling, Running... ALL after being spun around 20 times!
I could barely run let alone dribble the ball through the cones...
Then to dribble the ball with my knees...
And running back to the finish!
Oh man... I was so dizzy!
As promised, the coaches let the kids soak 'em.
Coaches: Rich, Matt, Tom, Sophie, (I can't remember her name)
Rich offering to sign Ethan's flag.
Our family pic with Rich. It was fun having him stay with us. The boys loved having another guy in the house. It was hard for me to understand his thick English but we learned alot. I may just have to host again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment