Tuesday, December 8, 2009

CHRISTmas

The Decorations are up, the Trees are Trimmed and the Stockings are Hung.



But at our house we are looking for Christ this Christmas. And we began to find him at the live nativity! This was our first year going and It was amazing. The barns are set up just like bethlehem with live animals including a camel! They had carolers, a wagon ride, hot cocoa and accepted canned food donations. I explained to the kids that this was what it was like when Jesus was born (minus the snow - which was why the baby wasn't real - they were a little disappointed that it was a doll). When asked what their favorite part was, Stockton excitedly said "seeing Jesus" Awww... perfect family night! Mission Accomplished!


5 comments:

BoyMaker said...

Mandy - where is this live Nativity at? It looks amazing!

The Jensens said...

Yeah, where is this place????

The Milligan Family said...

Awww, we went there last year and loved it! That barn really is perfect. Davey was a little freaked out by the camel though. I wish we had been there this year to go. They had a live Nativity in Provo, but the boys had colds. I also love that "Believe" sign in your picture, we have the same one! A neighbor gift from the Rasmussens, right?

Aubrey Jane said...

I want to go too - where was that? Maybe next year.

The Green Family said...

The live nativity is in Nibley. I believe the address is 800 W. 3800 S. They only do it 3 days. This year it was the 4th, 5th and 7th. It was posted on one of Logan's online calendars but when I went to link it for you I can't find it.
And yes, Brittany, the sign did come from the Rasmussens. I had forgotten that - I love it!
FYI: The AWHC is doing fun Christmas things and have an interactive live nativity where your family can dress the parts. Check out their website for more info. And also see the Cache Chamber's site for a calendar of christmas events.