I am a little slow getting these up but as I look back I realized we had a fun filled October.
Enjoy the picture overload!
Stockton's Preschool class visited the Pumpkin Walk. Peyton and I tagged along. I am so glad we did because schedules made it so our family didn't get a chance to go this year. I think it was the best yet. The theme was Animations and all of our favorites were represented.
There is a nice witch that sits at the end of the walk and greets the children. Cookies and string cheese are handed out from our local factories.
Stockton REALLY took a liking to the witch and didn't want to leave her side or stop petting her stuffed cat. Later I realized that he was waiting for her to ask him what he was going to be for Halloween.
I took the kids to the USU Homecoming Parade on a Saturday Ryan was working. Ryan could care less to go so we made a fun day of it with Kristi and Nikelle. I think this is the best parade of the year. And after seeing all the candy the kids got I figured we didn't need to go trick or treating the next week.
The annual pumpkin carving... we simplified this year and didn't use templates and just let the kids draw their own designs. I, however, came up with Peyton's.
Stockton drew this "scary" face on a piece of paper and had me help him carve it out.
Of course Ethan chose a sports theme... Maybe it had something to do with Uncle Travis showing up for the Jazz opening game with a D.Will Carved pumpkin.
And Princess Peyton's... self explanatory.
Halloween is a favorite at our house. I like to have a theme for our costumes to all coordinate. However, with the kids getting older it has become more difficult to dictate what I want them to be. I think I made it work out OK - we were all "Super Heroes / Villains".
Ethan was Storm Shadow the villain on GI JOE, Peyton was Bat Girl, Stockton was Incredible Hulk, Ryan was the Tooth fairy, and I was Super Girl.
We didn't have as many parties do dress up for this year as we have in years past. The ward party was held the same night as my mom's so we missed it. Here are the kids ready to head to Grandma's.
When we arrived at the party, Ryan quickly made friends with Mr. Enquirer (aka Josh). Here the Tooth fairy is showing him proper oral hygiene.
Bridget was the cutest Strawberry Shortcake and Jess was her sidekick Plum Pudding.
Jordan was the Mad Hatter and stayed in character all night. Jordan Paige was Alice.
Lucy the "Pink Robot" doing her robot moves.
Kylie and Landon were a pirate duo.
We had a fun night of kids games with lots of prizes. Here the kids participate in a cake walk.
Doughnuts on a string was entertaining for all.
And the winners of the lamest Halloween Costumes goes to...
Mom and Dad! If you are going to get us all excited about your costumes you better have real ones next year!
Halloween was on Sunday this year so Saturday was the substitute for all the activities. Peyton is ready to go.
I love trick or treating on Main Street. Ryan does not. Well, with him being off work for the day I made him suck it up! The weather wasn't spectacular and the rain made us end early but it was fun!
Walking Main Street we ran into Wayne and Garth. (aka Nick and Melanie)
It has become a tradition to go bowling on Halloween. Thanks to Travis and Karen for starting it. Lucky for us you get free shoe rental if you come in costume and they have cosmic bowling going. It is always a fun time.
Jada and Stockton are Dancing...
Jolisa the Pirate sleeps...
Pirate, Colby takes a Vampire hostage (Janeth)...
Super Girl (Me) gets another STRIKE!...
Bat Girl twirls...
The Tooth fairy curtseys...
Travis the Tranny makes a game plan...
Mr. Stripes (man with no costume, Lex), glows...
So does Mrs. Pumpkin (SueAnn)...
Karen and Jada the Ladybugs...
The Green family of Super Heroes...
The whole gang... Happy Halloween!

No comments:
Post a Comment