Thursday, September 2, 2010

U•in'ta Moun'tains

Pronunciation: (yOO-in'tu), a mountain range in NE Utah, part of the Rocky Mountains. Highest peak, Kings Peak, 13,498 ft. (4115 m).


We met up with Mom and Dad who had been there all week and enjoyed the weekend.  I hadn't been there since I was a kid and was amazed at the beautiful surroundings.  There were many lakes to fish and small hikes to enjoy.  I think we could make it an annual event!

Follow Me Boys! 
Grandpa leading the way to the lake.

Peyton got bored just sitting while the guys fished so Grandma found a way to entertain her.

Jordan, the professional!

Funny Story:
Across the lake, Dad noticed this lady and mentioned that she was naked.  I took a picture cause I couldn't believe that someone would be naked sunbathing in the mountains.  (I know wierd!) Well I zoomed in farther on my camera and you could see she had a bikini top on and she was sitting in a chair reading a book.  So we found out, no, she was not naked.
As we were hiking out of the lake I passed a guy packing things into the lake who looked really familiar.  I was kicking myself for not stopping and talking to him but what are the chances of running into someone you know in the mountains?? 
Ryan later passed the same guy on the trail.  When we met up later we talked about the guy and we put it together who we thought it was... We both placed him at the Sports Academy and wondered if it was our friend's boyfriend.  Once we had that ah ha moment we really wished we would have stopped and talked to him.  Then it hit us!  What if the sunbather was our friend??? 
When I got to the gym on Monday I found out sure enough it was Annika!  She had been traveling all over Southern Utah with her son visiting from Europe during August and they spent their last 3 days at the same lake we fished at!  What are the odds??  And I have a picture to prove it!

While at Fehr Lake, Ryan caught a fish and helped Stock reel it in.

Jordan, though he looked like a professional wasn't having as good of luck.
this is a piece of drift wood...

At Moosehorn Lake he caught a keeper!


No comments: