Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weekend getaway.

Ryan had a continuing ed course to attend in SLC.  I had the great idea to take the kids down and enjoy a weekend in the big city.  I forgot that I would be trapped in a small hotel room with two rambunctious boys for 2 days.  To take advantage of their energy I planned a fun filled weekend with LOTS of walking. 

The first day I took the kids to Discovery Gateway children's museum.  Everyone was entertained for hours.

The beehive was a favorite.  Peyton loved seeing the balls disappear and Stockton loved gathering them up


Ethan and Stock made their own dinosaur movie.

Ethan and Stockton loved building.  They loved using all the construction equipment.


Peyton made herself at "home" and cleaned the floor, played with the babies and hung out in the kitchen.



We learned Stockton was more daring than Ethan on the rock wall.

Visiting the "farm"

Peyton in the "garden"  The kids had fun picking the produce and loading the truck to deliver the goods to the grocery store.

Life Flight Helicopter on the roof.  The rain stopped long enough for us to enjoy it outside.

Ethan was a shy news anchor and Peyton just wanted to climb on the desk.

The water was fun.  Peyton loved the ducky.


Digging for native American artifacts.

Peyton loved the "dirt".  We even brought some home with us.

The boys were entertained forever with this wall.  A worker made it even more fun adding a blow dryer
and ping pong balls.  They were determined to make the perfect track.

It was an exhausting day.  We enjoyed the pool, hot tub and sauna that night. 
Weekend to be continued in next post.

1 comment:

McGinnis Family said...

What a fun place! I definitely need to check it out!!!!