Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Oneida Narrows, Idaho


Another fun adventure. We headed off the beaten path and camped with family at the upper campground next to the resevoiur. Boating is always available when you camp with the Smith clan but this time we also took our floating devices to the river. What a thrill it was with just the right amount of whitewater! Ethan got worried going over the "bumps" and Stockton started to whimper a little when I struggled to manuever our raft around the rock obstacles. We made it down with out getting too wet and enjoyed a second run. Those on tubes seemed to fair better - except for SueAnn who was on too big of a tube to be able to reach the water to paddle or kick. Camping was nice with plenty of shade and the water near by. The toilet even had an unexpected smell - baby skunk (according to the camp hosts, a baby skunk fell into the toilet and had to be put out of its misery) instead of the regular aroma.

2 comments:

TJ said...

Wow, looks and sounds like you had fun except for the toilet fiasco!! Hope all is well in Utah!

Aubrey Jane said...

I'm so sorry that you went to play group alone. But I know you had a good time. I always seem to play more with my kids when I take them some place alone.
Looks like you had fun in Idaho! Except for the skunk - yuck!