Wednesday, June 8, 2011

a busy Birthday.

Ethan turned 8 on a very busy Saturday.  Soccer games, a baby shower, a wedding reception complete with a trip to Salt Lake.  Presents were opened first thing and Ethan was excited to get a new Plasma Car, Lego's and clothes.  The rest of the day was a big rush getting from event to event. 

The bad mom award goes to me since I didn't do a cake for Ethan.  He did have a piece of cake from his favorite place in SLC - the Lion House since that is where the wedding reception was.  We stuck a toothpick in it and wished him a Happy Birthday. 


Since the plan to do something way fun fell through, we decided to take the time in SLC to go to the Church History museum and see the new children's exhibit.  The last 3 times we have been down, it had been under construction.  We got to the museum just as they locked the doors!  Walking back to the car, I saw a gate opened at temple square leading to the temple grounds.  I wanted my kids to "touch" the temple so I let them get their pictures taken.  Ryan had taken Peyton ahead of us so she missed out.  The boys ended up being too silly to get any good pictures but I hope the remember being able to touch the temple and hopefully it touched them as well. 





The gardens at Temple Square were beautiful!  Since it was still trying to be Winter in Cache Valley, it was a delight to see all the flowers in bloom. 





Cute Pey, with her headphones on the way home. 



No comments: