Friday, March 4, 2011

Parachutes not included

The boys got to go on an adventure - a discovery flight around Cache Valley.  There was only room for 3 passengers so I let Ryan experience it with Ethan and Stockton.  Our first scheduled flight had to be cancelled because of fog.  The pilot felt bad sending us away without an experience so he let the boys tour the hanger and showed them the planes.  Ethan and Stock were thrilled with sitting in the pilot seats and checking out all the buttons. 

Two weeks later they got to go on their flight.  Oh the excitement!  I was worried that Ethan would get scared since he wouldn't dare ride the rides at Lagoon. I tried to explain take off and landing but he didn't want to hear it.  He said this wasn't anything like Lagoon.

They geared up with their headsets.

And loaded the plane.  Stockton and Ethan had had a discussion about skydiving and jumping out of the plane.  We asked the pilot about this and he said parachutes aren't even on board!  The plane just crash lands if necessary.  {He assured me it was safer this way.}


Ethan sat in the pilots seat and the real pilot was the "co-pilot" for this flight.  Ryan and Stock sat in the back. 





 Taking off...
 A safe landing...

Here is what Ethan wrote about the experience:

The tricks Ethan refered to let them feel what zero gravity feels like.  The pilot's clip board floated in front of their eyes.  Ryan said they were lifted out of their seats for about 6 seconds.  The boys thought it was fun but Ryan got a little sick.  Feeling up for a little adventure yourself?  Go see the guys at Leading Edge Aviation. 

1 comment:

Katie @ katieboothinteriors said...

How fun for your boys! They'll always remember that. BTW, we did have some seriously fun times at girls camp! As I recall you kept poking your head up from your sleeping bag:) Good times! Hey, I hadn't been to the DI in awhile because I felt like I don't really find anything either. I read somewhere to start with the furniture, head to the lamps, and then hit up art, and finish with dishes and accessories. And look at everything's potential. This seemed to help me, or maybe they just had really great stuff that day, who knows:) Give it a try!