Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Experience inside a Police Car...


Last night, coming home from delivering jewelry, me and the boys were involved in a very small accident. I was stopped behind a small pickup truck waiting to make a right turn onto the highway heading home. The truck began rolling backwards and I honked my horn to get him to stop. He continued coming towards me and so I put the car in reverse - not quick enough and his metal bumper collided with my left front fender. The driver just stayed there and was not doing anything so I got out of my car and walked up to his window. After getting his attention, his window came down and I told him that he hit me. He didn't even know it!! Seeing that he was wearing earphones, I asked, "did you not hear it?" and he replied that he heard me honk. After asking for insurance info he thought it would be best to call the police... Well an hour later, reports were completed and the boys had eaten all their ice cream (which was supposed to have been saved for when we got home after eating dinner). Since it was a very minor accident the Highway Patrol said that there was no need to file a report. They did open a case for us to use when contacting our insurance companies. There was no damage to the truck but my front fender is scratched and cracked. All the officers who came to help were very friendly. When we were finally released to go, Ethan decided that he wanted to see inside the police car. What a highlight to his night! Sgt. Mayo put Ethan in the drivers seat and he got to turn on the lights and siren and see how everything worked. Hopefully this is the only experience Ethan has inside a police car...

1 comment:

The Jensens said...

Sorry that had to happen, what a nightmare. I hope you get your car fixed soon. Of course it had to be your car. Glad it wasn't worse.

Francene